Get Those Sneaks Squeaky Clean! Care Instructions for all GOATS Sneakers:
1. Remove the slide or insole and any shoelaces from the sneakers. Laces can be cleaned with a load of regular laundry and then air dried.
2. Mix a solution of water and mild soap (dishwashing liquid works well). You can also use commercial cleaner designed for sneakers, but make sure it is compatible with whatever your sneakers are made from (canvas, rubber, leather, etc.).
3. Clean the inside and outside of your sneaks and inserts with soapy water and a soft bristle brush. Rinse everything with clean water and use a paper towel to soak up any excess moisture.
WARNING: Do not clean your sneakers in the washing machine unless they are labeled as “washable”. The heat and moisture could ruin your shoes—especially if they are leather.
4. Stuff the sneakers with paper towels to help keep their shape as they dry. You can also use a shoe tree to keep their shape, but it may take longer to dry.
5.Let the sneakers and inserts air dry in a well-ventilated area, and make sure to replace the paper towels with dry ones as they soak up the water. WARNING: Do not dry your sneakers in the dryer—this could cause damage to the rubber soles and linings.
6. Once everything is dry, lace up your sneaks (if applicable) and slip the insole or slide back in.
If your sneakers have any scuffs, you can use a commercial shoe dye product that matches the color and material.
7. Sprinkle some baking soda into your sneakers to soak up any odor that may have lingered.